A couple of non-sequential ideas
by flanner96 (2016-04-12 12:15:57)

(since I think Taxman has Random Thoughts trademarked and I don't want to get lawyers involved)

1) The progress that Marquette has made is impressive. We will be their toughest game to date though and I have my doubts about whether they can score on us.

2) Yale and Brown play on Saturday, so we'll get an idea of how good each of them are. Yale's SOS, according to Laxpower, is 50. I know people are saying the Ivy League is a good league, but it's Yale and Brown and....nobody else. Then again, the ACC isn't exactly lighting things up this year out of conference

3) Our midfield, on both sides of the ball, is getting better each week. That's a really good sign, particularly with so many freshmen and sophomores getting playing time.

4) Maybe it's my imagination but it seems as if the coaches are asking Perkovic to play more D than in years past. I don't know if that's impacting his offense at all, but Sunday's game was also a good sign. It was nice to see him moving toward the cage, because that's going to keep defenders guessing when guarding him.

5) Garsney continues to impress. I think he has the ability to be our next Connor Doyle type guy.

6) I don't know if we'll lose before the NCAA tourney (maybe in the ACC tourney, maybe NC but I doubt it). The only thing that matters is getting ourselves on the opposite side of the bracket from Denver. We're loaded. If we play well, we have no one to fear. Let's see what happens.

Good stuff, good call on improving young mids *
by Oggie  (2016-04-12 23:02:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post