Words fail me on this gag job. *
by jersey44 (2016-04-23 14:15:59)

This user did not provide content for this post

No killer mentality,no faceoff capability,poor goalie play..
by Wolfetone  (2016-04-23 14:45:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I've never cared for Corrigan....Prove me wrong coach. I hope you do....

Face offs were hindered by penalty situation
by Ccndbound  (2016-04-24 20:53:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They had to play tentative in the 4th quarter for fear of another penalty (granted, it was their own doing). However, this game would have had a different outcome if Findley had scored instead of hitting the post midway thru the UNC run in the 4th quarter - UNC scored almost immediately after the long rebound - a 2 goal swing.

With regards to goalie play, Doss has been playing at an AA level all year. He had a sub-par game but I agree with how Corrigan left him in there. Let's hope he bounces back against Duke.

With regards to Corrigan, there is probably 1 other coach who could do a better job at ND and he's not leaving Denver. He has developed a program from nothing (and I played for him when we were close to nothing). His strategies are solid, he continues to get better and better talent to South Bend. His defense (thanks in large part to Gerry Byrne) is great year in and year out. In addition to how well his teams perform on the field, I don't know,of any program that does as much to develop their players off the field than ND lacrosse does - culture, community service, networking with alum, etc. - it truly is amazing.

Agree with everything in the post.
by flanner96  (2016-04-24 22:31:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The job that Corrigan has done here is remarkable. And the game itself owes him a lot for how he has helped to grow it beyond the east coast.

When I was at ND I freelanced an article for Lacrosse Magazine right after the 1995 tourney win. Corrigan was incredible generous with his time (he had cut me-- rightly so I might add---when I tried out for the team my freshman year) for that piece and got me phone numbers for a ton of people.

What I learned was how impressed people like Dick Edell at Maryland were with the job Corrigan was doing. That told me a lot.

One other side note that became the lead for that article: Gene Corrigan, when he elevated lacrosse to varsity status, estimated that it might take 15 years for the program to win an NCAA tourney game. The 1995 victory over Duke? Came in year 15.

as if corrigan has anything to prove to you - get real
by dbcsmith  (2016-04-24 09:06:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

become the ad and you can fire him and get another coach - until then support the one we have - i will take corrigan's consistent performance anyday. we all have off games and lapses

Good to see he bashes literally every coach on campus..
by BIGSKYND  (2016-04-24 15:14:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I thought it was only hockey. They're all lazy, gagging, incompetent buffoons who are in way over their heads. Every last one. Wow.

Those are your words not mine.....
by Wolfetone  (2016-04-24 17:10:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The three posts critical of me never addressed the substance of my initial
post.....although one post agreed w/me about the faceoffs before launching
an attack ....But you are probably correct about the hockey coach. He has
had more than enough time to win a NC.....

He's built a midwestern power in lacrosse
by flanner96  (2016-04-24 20:34:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't underestimate how hard that was to do. Particularly at the time he was hired.

All these other schools are taking up lacrosse in no small part BECAUSE they see ND as a model for success. For a large part of his tenure he's had no scholarships to work with. He's lost the national title game by 1 and 2 goals and his game plans for both of those games were rock solid.

We're the only program to make the quarterfinals each of the last six years. I'll take his kind of consistency any day of the week. When he retires, the team should begin playing at Corrigan Field at Arlotta Stadium.

I'm not going to call for his firing because of one tough road loss. And I can't think of any other coaches who are in position to come here who I'd rather have.

Very fair comments.....I might have been too harsh.... *
by Wolfetone  (2016-04-24 20:49:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has to prove to himself and his players.....
by Wolfetone  (2016-04-24 11:05:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He can win a NC. To date his consistency has been to fall short.I'm
surprised you begrudge me my opinion. Yesterday was an alarming
performance.

Is there a single coach on campus that you do like? *
by SavageDragon  (2016-04-23 18:56:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What does that have to do w/Corrigans performance
by Wolfetone  (2016-04-23 19:36:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Today or the accuracy of the comments I made today?

Can't lose 9 face-offs in a row.
by SavageDragon  (2016-04-23 14:17:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(Technically I think it was only 8-of-9, but there was that weird unexplained call that called it a turnover on the long clear down the field that negated a possession)

Possibly the biggest choke I've ever seen from an ND team
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-04-23 14:17:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in any sport. The only one that springs to mind was the 1974 football game against USC. But that choke came in the first 17 minutes of the second half, not the final 5 minutes of the game. Unbelievable, unacceptable.

Men's Basketball blew a lead at MSG against OSU
by MobileIrish  (2016-04-24 10:17:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

IIRC, it was Jerian's last game of the season. Eight point lead with 50 seconds to go turned into a crushing loss. I threw my iPad after that one.

Sat right behind Brey and the ND bench for that one....
by Wolfetone  (2016-04-24 10:47:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember Vasturia missing a critical 1 and 1 and a succession
of turnovers.I remember the team coming back back to the bench
during a timeout with their heads down and I remember blurting
out,"Get your heads up for cripes sake".

Maybe Tennessee 1991 or OSU 1995.
by MobileIrish  (2016-04-23 14:37:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The wheels started falling off at the end of the first half against Tennessee. OSU was midway through the third quarter.

I predicted the Tennessee loss at halftime
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-04-23 22:50:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Right after we blew a chance to take a 38-7 lead, had to settle for a field goal try, and then had that blocked and returned for a TD (injuring our star kicker in the process). I also had no faith in the Gary Darnell-led defense to hold the 31-14 halftime lead, especially since Tennessee had all the momentum.

The 1995 Ohio State game is not quite in the same league. Our biggest leads were by 10 points (10-0 and 17-7) in the second quarter. It was 17-14 at halftime and 20-14 in the third, before OSU scored two TDs to take the lead for good, 28-20 after 3. The magnitude of the collapse was comparable in that OSU ended the game on a 31-6 run, but ND never was as safely ahead in that game as they were today.

Me, too. You see a guy run out of the pile with a blocked
by KevinPS  (2016-04-25 12:20:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

FG and return it 85 yards for a TD...

I thought we were the better team against Tennessee. No way against Ohio State in 1995. That wasn't a choke. That was a couple of bad things happening to an over-matched team. Lou had us in it by virtue of the offense he ran. The muffed punt--and he was most assuredly interfered with--sealed it.

The Tennessee game was remarkable....
by Wolfetone  (2016-04-24 08:42:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Along w/the 1964 fade at USC....

We will see how this affects the team post season. *
by jersey44  (2016-04-23 14:19:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fortunately, we have 2-3 games to go before that
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-04-23 14:22:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's time to right this ship. And lacrosse is a game of runs. Hopefully this team is resilient, and Doss just had a flu bug or some such thing. If he's this bad going forward, it will be a very short postseason for us.

Next duke, who beat Marquette 16-1
by Oggie  (2016-04-23 14:25:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was concerned about the rematch before today's shitfest.