Face offs were hindered by penalty situation
by Ccndbound (2016-04-24 20:53:25)

In reply to: No killer mentality,no faceoff capability,poor goalie play..  posted by Wolfetone

They had to play tentative in the 4th quarter for fear of another penalty (granted, it was their own doing). However, this game would have had a different outcome if Findley had scored instead of hitting the post midway thru the UNC run in the 4th quarter - UNC scored almost immediately after the long rebound - a 2 goal swing.

With regards to goalie play, Doss has been playing at an AA level all year. He had a sub-par game but I agree with how Corrigan left him in there. Let's hope he bounces back against Duke.

With regards to Corrigan, there is probably 1 other coach who could do a better job at ND and he's not leaving Denver. He has developed a program from nothing (and I played for him when we were close to nothing). His strategies are solid, he continues to get better and better talent to South Bend. His defense (thanks in large part to Gerry Byrne) is great year in and year out. In addition to how well his teams perform on the field, I don't know,of any program that does as much to develop their players off the field than ND lacrosse does - culture, community service, networking with alum, etc. - it truly is amazing.

Replies: