Landis named one of five Tewaaraton finalists
by IrishMace (2016-05-15 20:42:57)
Edited on 2016-05-15 20:45:29

On the women's side, Sullivan was also named a finalist.

They won't win, of course, because defense isn't sexy, but good on them anyway.

I haven't been paying close attention
by Domer99  (2016-05-16 12:08:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Other than to check in and see how the Irish have done throughout the year. I know the defense has been great, but can anybody provide a synopsis of Kavanaugh's senior year? I was expecting to see his name on the Tewaarton finalist list but wondered if he was taking a greater role in facilitating team play. Just curious. Thanks.

He missed a game due to injury
by flanner96  (2016-05-16 22:36:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He seems to be finally healthy and has had some great games, including tying the ND record for points in a game versus Syracuse. He has had quiet games as well as defenses have keyed on him. That's lead to things like Saturday's game, where two sophomores led us in scoring. That of course, bodes well for the future.

Only Brown and ND remain in the tourney
by Otter  (2016-05-15 22:52:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is a thread on the inside Lacrosse blog about whether Landis could win it or not. Those guys think if Brown loses in the quarters and ND wins the title, they would have to give it to Landis since the award is so closely tied to playoff success.

Since I am relatively new to college lacrosse I have no thoughts of my own.

Brown's attackman Molloy...
by Porpoiseboy  (2016-05-16 02:16:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is scaring Lyle Thompson's scoring record (128). I think if Brown wins another game the trophy is his. If Brown loses, I'll still be floored if he doesn't win it. Molloy ranks fourth all-time in points in a season in NCAA history with 114, and he's still playing.

Good.
by Porpoiseboy  (2016-05-15 20:51:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He won't win. I'd guess someone from Brown, but who knows.