Sabre Board Blowing Up that Corrigan is taking UVA HC Job
by dillon77 (2016-06-06 10:13:22)

This has been going on all weekend with a few posters saying UND team has been informed and that official news will hit after a letter is sent to UVA alums. Anyone heard anything on our side?

Hired Lars Tiffany from Brown instead. *
by hoomanbeing  (2016-06-21 16:57:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Strategy: Hire a Brown coach every 25 years or so. *
by flanner96  (2016-06-22 15:21:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And we'll add: Hoo was also a captain for his predecessor ..
by hoomanbeing  (2016-06-22 16:30:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

while at Brown.

Wonder Who Brown Will Hire to Succeed Him?
by dillon77  (2016-06-23 14:00:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both of his assistants, Kip Turner on D and Goal, and Sean Kirwan, are super talented. And both are young..not sure Kirwan is 25 yet and Kip Turner is a bit older, around 29. He may or may not still be playing MLS.

Kirwan is allegedly the architect of the run-and-gun offense that Brown employed and Tufts uses, as well.

And Turner went to UVA, where he played for Starsia (and of course Lars Tiffany played there as well).

Do you take a chance on one of the young guys? Or, here's a thought, bring back Starsia (to his alma mater) to let him coach a year or two?

Permutations are endless....

Thompson of Amherst and Daly of Tufts are the leading ...
by hoomanbeing  (2016-06-23 21:34:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

candidates per what folks have been posting on Laxpower. Kirwan played for Daly and learned the offense from him. Daly took Tufts from literally nothing to 3 time D-3 champ and multiple time NESCAC champ, arguably the best overall conference in D-3.

Thx. BTW, Jon Thompson is a Brown Graduate...
by dillon77  (2016-06-28 16:50:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..and is also something of an offensive whiz, as well. My nephew went to Colby (prior stop to Amherst) when he was there and had nothing but great things to say about his standing on campus, let alone the lax field.

NESCAC lacrosse is awfully solid and both Daly and Thompson are innovate. Plus NESCAC and Ivy Leagues are pretty similar in their approaches to athletics and academics.

IIRC, he just signed an extension at the end of season
by steelhop  (2016-06-22 09:10:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or was that Shays I'm thinking of?

Shays did sign an extension; I'm not sure if Lars did. *
by hoomanbeing  (2016-06-22 16:27:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The board is physically painful to read. Having to
by steelhop  (2016-06-09 15:34:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

click on ever post. Good grief.

You mean just like the way this board works?
by hoomanbeing  (2016-06-10 14:44:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you click on the "Expand Threads" option at the top of the list it will look just like this board (though in blue and orange).

It displays subject lines the same way. If there is a way to
by idesofoctober  (2016-06-10 22:14:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

open all messages in a thread on that board, as the "show all thread" button does here, I'd like you to explain how.

Exactly. You can see the post subject but
by Steelhop  (2016-06-12 14:36:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can't expand to read all of the underlying messages for all the posts in the thread. You have to click on every post to see the entire messages.

If click on "Show All Threads", you should see everything. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2016-06-13 18:13:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Amen to that. *
by SavageDragon  (2016-06-09 18:58:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't you use the "show all" function? *
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-06-09 18:16:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean the Sabre board not here *
by Steelhop  (2016-06-09 18:26:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is staying at ND - email sent to alum players today *
by Ccndbound  (2016-06-08 22:16:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From Inside Lacrosse twitter account:
by G.K.Chesterton  (2016-06-09 00:03:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"I'm happy to know I will continue..."
by flanner96  (2016-06-09 11:10:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can we infer he got a raise from that language? Or was he actually worried about Jack's assessment of his body of work?

The phrasing just strikes me as a little odd --as if there's more to the story that might not ever get out in public.

I think your first inference is the more likely one
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-06-09 11:50:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Swarbrick deserves credit for retaining Corrigan. I've been more impressed with Swarbrick's retention decisions than his hiring decisions. Earlier I had flashbacks to when we let Paul Mainieri get away to LSU. That, of course, was on Kevin White's neglectful watch.

Now Corrigan needs to get the national championship monkey off his back. But I'm glad we don't have to replace him now.

I don't think the Manieri situation was entirely comparable
by tf86  (2016-06-09 13:22:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To this. For one, as you stated, EBMB was the Athletic Director then. For another, LSU's program was clearly a step above ND's in baseball. I'm not certain that's the case with Virginia lacrosse as compared to ND. In fact, right now I'd say ND's lacrosse program is in better shape than Virginia's. Virginia's advantages over us right now are limited to tradition and location, with each dwindling in significance with each passing year.

None of this is meant to diminish Virginia's program, but merely to acknowledge that our program is in better shape than we often realize.

Paul also had another variable in play. *
by SavageDragon  (2016-06-09 19:00:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which a competent AD could have helped to address *
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-06-14 09:29:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still, I don't recall Swarbrick losing any elite coach
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-06-09 18:15:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to another school. Just another area where he's outperformed the worst AD in our collective lifetimes.

He That Shall Not Be Named. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2016-06-10 18:27:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reportedly, UVA has offered him the job, but Corrigan hasn't
by Georgia Hog  (2016-06-07 12:23:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

accepted it yet,

"A source close to Virginia’s search for a new men’s lacrosse coach is indicating that 28-year Notre Dame lacrosse coach Kevin Corrigan will let UVa know by Wednesday morning whether he will accept an offer to succeed Dom Starsia."

He has spent half of his life as coach of Notre Dame.
by irishbantam  (2016-06-07 17:18:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That is incredible. You just don't walk away that easily - despite his affinity for UVA, which he has never been shy about.

The latest report of unknown veracity is that he said, "No." *
by hoomanbeing  (2016-06-07 15:32:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Article, Post says Corrigan Will Let ND/UVA Know Wed.
by dillon77  (2016-06-07 17:43:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but then again, he was as good as gone according to several UVA posts.
Whew, 50% of your life -- 28 years -- in one job. What a run!

Here's an article posted this morning about the developments thus far.

We'll see...

http://www.onefootdown.com/2016/6/8/11881020/report-corrigan-offered-uva-head-coaching-job

I'm mildly surprised IL.com or Lacrosse Magazine...
by flanner96  (2016-06-08 13:19:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...hasn't posted anything about this.

I just did a google search
by tf86  (2016-06-08 16:37:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nothing new being reported yet.

Note: If you want to google this, I would suggest adding something along the line of Notre Dame, Virginia or lacrosse to your search terms. It seems there's an actor who shares the same name, Mr. Kruger's directive to the contrary notwithstanding.

N

IL.com is probably too busy hosting "discussions" ...
by hoomanbeing  (2016-06-08 15:15:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

between 12-year-olds regarding which stick is the best. Our board has come to believe that the less they say the better off everyone is.

They reported he's not leaving *
by ADMIRALDEWEYLARRYJR  (2016-06-08 19:49:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whew. *
by flanner96  (2016-06-08 22:30:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's the IL Posting...
by dillon77  (2016-06-09 07:01:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..Corrigan announcing he will stay at ND.