4-1 Irish end of 1
by Radi-skull (2017-03-25 14:28:24)

Ryder had a Bonzi-esque score (his second) to make it 3-1. He backed his man down then created seperation and shot one in from a ridiculous angle

6-2 Irish, 8 left in the 2nd *
by Radi-skull  (2017-03-25 14:42:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Allowed 2 goals in the closing seconds. 7-5 Irish. Halftime.
by Kayo  (2017-03-25 15:01:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Stop the ball on the break, please.

9-6 Irish at the end of the third *
by Kayo  (2017-03-25 15:28:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

9-7. 8;15 left. Hell of a game. *
by Kayo  (2017-03-25 15:39:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

12-7 final *
by Kayo  (2017-03-25 15:57:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sucks to be the Suckeyes this weekend, especially against ND *
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-03-26 02:12:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One thing I'll say on the Buckeyes' behalf
by Kayo  (2017-03-26 10:04:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and I don't expect to say this again any time soon, is that their fans were really good.

I tend to arrive close to game time when I go to lacrosse games. By then, the best seats available leave me sitting close to the visiting fans, i.e. the parents of the visiting parents. It's like the club circuit for high school sports like soccer and softball, traveling teams that are a commitment for the entire family.

The visiting crowds tend to be a collection of the stereotypically worst traveling team parents, the kind that refs and umpires kicked out of the parks when their kids were in grade school. They sit in the stands shouting at the refs with occasional pauses to question their own coaches' decisions. You probably won't be surprised if I tell you that the worst I ever witnessed were the Harvard fans when ND hosted them in the first round of the NCAA Tournament a few years ago.

Regarding the Ohio State fans yesterday, they were great. They were energetic. They did a lot of organized cheering. They never had anything negative to say about a Notre Dame player. Like any partisans watching a game, they had a few "come on, ref" moments that I thought were justified; but they let go quickly and resumed cheering for their team.

Players' families in any sport aren't typical of any school's sports fans. Still, the OSU cheering section sitting behind me yesterday was a refreshing change from the usual experience.

Wonder if that's because most aren't actually from Ohio
by NDoggie78  (2017-03-27 11:37:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Generally, the worst OSU fans are the born and bred (inbred?) Ohio residents. Since the make-up of the OSU lax team is 80% non-Ohioans (I counted 9 Ohioans on the team), and if it's mostly family making up the traveling fan section then these would not be your "typical" OSU fans we have come to know. And good for them.

The worst I've ever observed
by Kayo  (2017-03-29 05:43:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...were the Harvard fans when their team played here a couple of years ago. They yelled at the refs and their own coach from the opening whistle to the final horn with only occasional breaks to inhale and exhale for a couple of seconds.

The Harvard roster didn't have a bunch of Ohio kids.

Cuse over Duke 12-11 in OT. * *
by Radi-skull  (2017-03-25 15:41:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All of sU games have been 1 goal games. Lots a luck on
by steelhop  (2017-03-25 15:57:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thier side. Not sure it continues.