When does Corrigan's retention start affecting recruiting?
by prophetofdoom (2017-05-22 16:00:25)

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the general belief is that he's a good coach that will have us hanging around the top consistently but is unlikely to get us to the top. That general belief is either there, or it's getting closer and closer every year. Again ASSUMING this to be the case, when does it start negatively impacting recruiting?

He just landed InsideLacrosse's No. 1 class
by flanner96  (2017-09-27 08:55:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...so, I'd say "not yet."

First time he's done that.

No, he has shot his wad
by sorin76  (2017-05-22 22:13:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hea has had unbelievable ggoalies and defense with restricted offense. He will never win a championsip

Recruiting is pretty solid right now as far as I know
by mikeybates  (2017-05-22 16:53:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We definitely have the talent to win a title. I don't think it will affect recruiting that much. Other historically elite programs such are either down (e.g. UVA) or have had similar tournament struggles (e.g. Maryland). I think the bigger concern is having to compete more seriously with OSU and Michigan now, as well as the traditional powers.

ND helped by change in recruiting rules
by dichiap  (2017-05-22 22:04:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My son plays on a HS team with 17 DI recruits, including two freshman.

Johns Hopkins, UNC and Maryland grab kids early and their attention UVA used to but the coach last year pre-emptively said he would not offer kids until their junior year.

Now that no lacrosse recruit can be contacted before junior year, it will help keep kids in play that usually commit early to other programs that offer early.

Duke is the most talked about and desired program right now. Their assistant coaches are really approachable and enthusiastic.

TBH, this really helps Hopkins. They have made some
by steelhop  (2017-05-23 11:17:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

really bad ER offers in the last 5-6 years. I don't have a problem with an early offer for guy like Tinney but when you have filled your class with guys that haven't even hit 9th or 10th grade, there are going to be some dudes. Hopkins has had way to many of them recently.

Your son play at Haverford? They usually have a ton of DI recruits.

Protect Hopkins from Itself
by dichiap  (2017-05-27 09:41:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interesting to look at Recruiting Rundown by Ty Xander to see early recruits.

Son goes to Brunswick in Connecticut. They had a great year, only losing to Landon in the first game of the year.

Yup. Essentially. They've done an absolute horrendous
by Steelhop  (2017-05-27 13:53:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Job in evaluating how talent will develop through high school. Hopkins juniors and sophomores recruiting classes were allegedly ranked 1 each. Yet, they've stunk.

I guess the alternative is poor player development on the part of Petro. My guess is that it is a little of both.