anyone play USTA adult tennis leagues?
by melanzana (2024-04-22 14:09:54)

What's the deal with some of the captains and players treating it like Wimbledon? Sheesh.

How bad can I be to join?
by Strategery  (2024-04-22 20:07:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can volley and return ok but my serve is pathetic. Is there a sucky level?

Here is the chart from the USTA with characteristics
by melanzana  (2024-04-23 10:59:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most leagues start at 3.0 but there are some 2.5 leagues.

Here is the adult site for playing:
https://www.usta.com/en/home/play/adult-tennis.html

OK, sounds like this is definitely a more widespread thing *
by Melanzana  (2024-04-22 20:06:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Avoid like the plague. The lower the rating, the worse it
by FL_Irish  (2024-04-22 14:49:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...is.

who do you play to get a diverse set of opponents?
by flapjack  (2024-04-23 11:56:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I get bored playing the same guys at the club.

I've played Ultimate Tennis, but those guys are more uptight than USTA.

Men's USTA is pretty chill here in Dallas area.
by flapjack  (2024-04-22 14:29:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Things get ugly during the playoffs... and the sandbagging is ridiculous.

During the regular season, we all cheer each other on during the matches. Usually, both teams hang around to watch the last match finish. We drink beer and cheer loudly. It's all in good fun.

Women's USTA is a complete shit show. They get mad at each other, hush the crowd, etc.