I used to find some of those. Baffling, especially given
by gozer (2024-04-23 11:04:53)

In reply to: In my neighborhood , there’s an unknown walker  posted by LAW83

That it was a rural mountain road with the houses spread out about 1 every 1/4-1/2 mile. If you don't want to pick it up, fine, just kick it to the side and the flies will eat it in a few days, but don't bag it, that just means someone has to deal with the damn bag.

Used to have neighbors that would ride their horses and leave their leavings in the road too... always thought that was a bit rude. But after afew days it'd get run over by enoigh carsto more or less disappear.

I figure that people intend to walk back and collect.
by squid  (2024-04-23 11:29:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dog shits at the beginning of a walk. Person bags it, then figures they don’t want to carry it for a mile so they will just stash it over here and pick it up on the way home. Life happens and they forget. That’s my charitable explanation.

I have a less kind explanation
by Otter  (2024-04-23 13:19:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I live in a suburb with about 300 homes on 6-7 streets. People bring bags because they know people will see their dog crapping and be on alert to see if they bag it. I know I will take notice to see if that happens. So they bag it and move along, but when they are in an a more private area when nobody is looking they drop it and keep moving.

I think a lesson in tying a slip knot would help these jerks
by bizdomer09  (2024-04-23 14:34:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm racking my brain trying to understand what would motivate one to drop the bag and leave it. Here's where I've landed: Carrying a tied bag holding it from the top is annoying. Your hand is encumbered, and although the bag is not heavy, grasping it continuously for a long time is a nuisance. Holding it from the bottom is just yuck. So the assholes among us drop it when they figure they can get away with it.

With a simple slip knot I make a ring with the clean part of the bag that I then slide my pinky through and then tighten. Solves the problems above. My hand is mostly free to do whatever I'd like with no trouble. I have zero issue holding the bag throughout long 30-45 minute walks, after the dog poops 3-5 minutes in.

This is infinitely more detail than I ever thought I would write on how to carry a dogpoop bag. Now back to my day.

That's probably not the worry in my case *
by gozer  (2024-04-23 13:59:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post