Nothing is preventing the employer from incentivizing the
by Grace91 (2024-04-24 10:22:31)

In reply to: Some sales roles  posted by ndtnguy

employee to stick around. The non-compete is used to shackle them to the business.

how much company resources were used...
by flapjack  (2024-04-24 10:49:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What company resources were used to build that clientele? A business should be able, at some level, to protect their investment.

I'd have no issue with a company requiring a non-compete when they've paid for school or other training.

The problem is that businesses have, can, and will continue
by Grace91  (2024-04-24 11:06:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to exploit the rule to their advantage, rather than simply protecting their investment. They can and should protect their investment via other means. Non-competes are unnecessary. I understand circumstances listed where they might be of more use, but I have zero trust that they will not be abused. Businesses can and should find other ways to achieve their ends. If that costs them, I am unsympathetic. Their actions led to this outcome.