In my experience, most people are either in the
by NDBob (2024-04-26 12:09:19)

In reply to: There are people who root for the Jets AND the Mets  posted by Wooderson

Jets/Mets masochism camp or Giants/Yankees.

Perhaps because the Jets played at Shea for the first 20 or so years of their existence?

Also because
by DBCooper  (2024-04-26 12:15:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Giants and Yankees are considered the old NY teams generally.

I’m a rare Jets/Yankees fan.

Not a lot of us

I am also a Yankees/Jets fan
by Tommy Baseball  (2024-04-26 14:44:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, Jets "fan" because what is the point.

I'm a Giants/Mets fan
by knutesteen  (2024-04-26 14:13:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probable also rare, but for good reason. My grandfather was a baseball Giants fan, my father a Brooklyn Dodgers fan, so when both went west, they coalesced as Mets fans, as they hated the Yankees. Football Giants fan and family had season tickets from the 1950s, until the PSL at MetLife for 35 yard line, 16th row behind Giants bench seats priced them out of season ticket ownership. Knicks and Rangers. All now from Maui.