CNN: The head of FAFSA has resigned (link)
by Raoul (2024-04-26 21:48:24)
Edited on 2024-04-27 09:07:44

We are still at the peak of the FAFSA mess. This does nothing to improve the situation but it does recognize that Richard Cordray presided over the current FAGSA chaos. His focus was on setting up loan forgiveness and not a smooth rollout of the new FAFSA form which several posters here have related their own frustrations.

P.S. Good luck to all who are dealing with this right now.

[Edit: Technically he will still be around for a couple months]

It took me about 3 months to get my daughter's FAFSA
by tf86  (2024-04-29 03:00:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Complete. Fortunately, her school does not process financial aid awards for returning students until May, so the delay won't hurt her.

Full disclosure: following my cancer diagnosis, some family friends who are alumni of the school she attends started a scholarship at the school, with my daughter as the first recipient. It covers all expenses not covered by financial aid. So we would have been okay in a pinch. Still, I certainly didn't want to take unfair advantage of their generosity.

Hopefully the solve FAFSA and your
by Raoul  (2024-04-29 09:24:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

cancer! Good to hear it will not negatively impact your daughter.

He had alot to say as a regulator and was oh so quick
by HENNAORNO  (2024-04-26 21:58:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To seek punishment as one. But when he actually had to run something, that directly and negatively impacted more than any financial institution he oversaw, he did more damage than any financial institution he punished. There are lots of families right now still wondering if they can afford to send a kid to college. Forget Disparate Impact, which he loved to focus on - this is direct impact on many underserved constituencies.

Bureaucratic douchebag *
by drmurray  (2024-04-28 12:05:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post