Does ND baseball take JUCO transfers?
by MNND (2012-12-06 14:50:35)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Jake's Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I had a neighbor who said a friend of his son (going to play baseball at Air Force) is going to Junior College before playing baseball at ND. I thought that sounded odd in light of how we handle this for football. Does anyone know if we have ever taken a JUCO transfer for baseball or how this is viewed by ND?

Thanks

Yes...
by Indystar  (2012-12-06 17:18:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND does take transfers. Not as common as your traditional D1 powerhouse, but ND does take them in. Usually means the scholie is minimal if at all any.

My roommate transferred in and played baseball in 1987
by The Beef  (2012-12-06 15:50:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He had played at Southwestern Michigan College (Cassopolis) before coming to ND. Of course, he had the academics to get into ND as a transfer and was not a scholarship player. (there were only one or two scholarship players back then, IIRC)

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.