Happy to do so...
by Indystar (2012-12-10 14:56:52)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Jake's Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Indystar, you called it...  posted by 2Domer

We have a lot to look forward to in these 2013, 2014, and crazy enough 2015 classes. Never thought I'd say this but only "true" concern I have with some of these boys now is the MLB draft.

Bass turned down Texas, Vandy, UNC, Florida, & UK. Pretty remarkable, reminds me of the Mainieri days. Some quick insight on the kid:
No pitcher in the Midwest has more upside than the 6-foot-6, 190-pound Bass. He has an athletic, sturdy frame, long arms and legs, and, above all, has a big-time arm. Bass’s fastball regularly touched 90 mph, topping at 91, with serious tilt. It’s heavy and hard, and you don’t need to have a Walt Disney-like imagination to project it being in the mid-to-upper-90 range in the near future. (I can’t remember thinking that about an incoming junior from Illinois, ever.) Bass’s secondary stuff needs refinement, but so what. His 78 mph breaking ball is still harder than most junior’s fastballs.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.