Seton Hall games moved to Covelski Stadium. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton (2013-03-20 13:36:59)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Jake's Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Game time temp should be just at freezing mark *
by thethinman  (2013-03-21 22:16:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kent State games moved as well
by TerryD  (2013-03-21 11:56:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

@NDBaseball series w/ Kent St. on Mar. 25-26 will move to Coveleski Stadium (Mon., 12:30 ET) & U.S. Steel Yard (Tues., 5:35 CT) #domeball

Field must be covered in snow. I guess it's easier
by cbo86  (2013-03-21 14:16:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to shovel artifical turf. Even if the snow has melted at the Eck, it is going to take a while to dry it out to the point it's playable.

I was on campus on Tuesday. Granted, I didn't inspect
by G.K.Chesterton  (2013-03-21 14:18:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the field, but there was very little or no snow around. However, it was *darn* cold on Tuesday.

Snowed a couple inches last night, though it's mostly gone. *
by AquinasIrish  (2013-03-21 17:49:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would be interesting to know why. I know some
by cbo86  (2013-03-21 14:25:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of the fields we play on this time of year in the North are real soft after a long winter and need a little time to dry out and get more solid. The downside to Northern baseball I guess. The sooner we can get into the Eck, the sooner we can see some on line baseball.

Right, I was looking forward to these games being online
by TerryD  (2013-03-21 20:48:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They will not be now that they have been moved. Drat.

Game times also changed---7 pm Fri, 4:30 pm Sat, 11 am Sun
by ShermanOaksND  (2013-03-20 16:34:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since when has the Cove had field turf?

I think this one's going to be a last minute judgment call
by RocketShark  (2013-03-21 16:11:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for me. I've been to some cold ND home openers but tomorrow might be a personal record breaker, especially without any sun.

The entire park was remodeled for last season
by IrishTrpt07  (2013-03-20 19:24:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Turf was put in, you can walk the complete ways around the field, the old building that sat past the outfield is now a team shop, there's a splash park for the kids, etc.

The owner was quoted as saying "if people leave not knowing there was a game, then we did our job".

That said, the park looks really nice.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.