Fla wins Softball Nat'l Title.
by TWO (2015-06-04 09:59:12)

Defeating Michigan. It's their 2nd in a row. Michigan, sorry to say, really has an excellent womens softball program. Do they have a good talent base in Michigan or are they being successful recruiting the West and South?

Sierra Lawrence is from GA
by gadomer  (2015-06-05 07:39:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is the leadoff hitter and plays CF. She and my daughter have the same hitting coach.

As an aside, FL rarely recruits out of GA but they have signed the #1 pitcher Kelly Barnhill from Pope HS Marietta GA. She plays travel ball for the East Cobb Bullets.

Michigan has a surprisingly good talent base as well
by IrishTrpt07  (2015-06-04 10:56:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Plus as mentioned below they recruit CA well.

Michigan success shows that you can win in the midwest
by thethinman  (2015-06-06 23:13:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The winters in Ann Arbor are just as brutal as here in South Bend so obviously the weather doesn't seem to effect their recruiting players from the west coast. It just shows that good players will go to a good program regardless of what part of the country it is in.

I have to assume that they also have a solid and
by TWO  (2015-06-04 10:59:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

stable coaching staff.

Yes, head coach has been there since 1983
by IrishTrpt07  (2015-06-04 11:48:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The two assistants have been there since 1995 and 1998.

Surprising that two assistants have remained
by Jaxdulac  (2015-06-04 22:36:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there for that length of time. Given the success of the program, one would think each has had opportunities to become a HC somewhere.

Be that as it may
by ShermanOaksND  (2015-06-04 19:08:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michigan sucks, and the world is a better place every time they lose.

Be that as it may
by gadomer  (2015-06-05 07:43:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if you lived here, you would know how insufferable Florida fans can be. Tim Walton is not everyone's cup of tea as well.

Are they insufferable about softball?
by ShermanOaksND  (2015-06-05 11:50:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wouldn't think even Michigan people would be insufferable about that. I root against Michigan in every athletic endeavor not merely because of how obnoxious their followers are, but because Michigan losing is intrinsically good.

If it wasn't for the player I cited above
by gadomer  (2015-06-05 12:21:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would be rooting for the meteor

They do recruit California pretty hard. *
by 2Domer  (2015-06-04 10:07:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post