'16 baseball commit: Bryce Gray, catcher, Illinois. *
by 2Domer (2015-11-08 20:49:57)

This user did not provide content for this post

Do you know how highly regarded he is, 2D? *
by cbo86  (2015-11-09 13:46:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've read just a little about him...
by 2Domer  (2015-11-09 18:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently he is a really good athlete. He is the quarterback on his highly ranked football team in Illinois (Homewood-Flossmoor HS, I think). He has a good build for baseball at 6'0" and 200 pounds. I have read that if he were a little taller, he would be more highly recruited for football, too. I don't think he's at the top of the list of baseball prospects in Illinois. I suspect it's more a case of upside as an athlete, and the fact that he plays a position of need. Also in that same class is Andrew Yerzy, who is a very highly rated catcher from Canada (who hit a home run in the UnderArmour high school all star baseball game that I was able to watch on TV last summer). I think we will be lucky if Yerzy doesn't sign a pro baseball contract. I think Bryce Gray has further to go, but apparently he is a really good athlete.

He led HF and they were great the last 2 years.
by Raoul  (2015-11-17 18:45:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excellent get.