Anyone been to the College World Series? Advice/tips?
by Hog84 (2016-02-11 19:56:31)

I'm thinking of surprising my son as a high school graduation present and taking him to Omaha for a couple of games. Anyone have any tips or advice? It doesn't seem like there is any information on the website yet about how to buy tickets for individual dates (as opposed to buying a package for the entire World Series). Thoughts on where to stay outside of Omaha, as hotels close to the stadium are already pretty high. We'll have a car so staying outside of Omaha won't be a problem. Anything to do during the day or places to eat? Thanks in advance.

Have been to CWS probably 40 of last 50 years. All were at
by Irish72  (2016-02-12 13:08:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rosenblatt, but have not been back to see games at TDA park. I lived an hour north of Omaha and went to dental school at Creighton. Lot of family still in Omaha. As far as hotels, you might find some in west Omaha. Missouri Valley is 20 miles north on I29. No better city to find whatever food you like. The Old Market is just across 480 from the ball park. Good food, shopping, drinking. BIL works for the city and still works ground crew at CWS. Other posters from Omaha area can give you better idea of hotel situation. If nothing else you can stay in my parents back yard. During RAGBRAI they usually have 10-12 squatters.