Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think Aoki is a good coach
by KLav18 (2016-03-21 16:13:27)
Edited on 2016-03-21 16:17:14

In reply to: AD $awbucks disinterest in hiring a competent coach. He  posted by Indy77

I know that excuses for us not being a regular Top 20 team are plenty, but sometimes those excuses are facts.
They don't explain everything, but if we had a domed stadium where they could practice baseball every day (not just hit in the cages, throw, etc) I would be more frustrated than I am.
My frustration comes from the fact that I just want us to be good. It's even more frustrating when you have to accept the reasons why we aren't.
There are aspects of baseball that you simply cannot practice without a full baseball field at your disposal year round.
Recruiting is the key. Players are the key. When I watch ND play, the mistakes are frustrating for sure, but it is hard to filter through them all and know for certain that ND Baseball is underachieving.

Also, I know we are not going to have a domed stadium, throw money at a successful coach from a regular Top 10 program, or let whomever is the coach recruit anyone and everyone.
Just my two cents, but I know why I'm not booking rooms in Omaha...but Coach Aoki (or his staff) isn't my reason