Has JS talked about the baseball program since last Sunday?
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2016-05-31 12:02:43)

At this point I assume Aoki is safe for next year, or he would have been dismissed by now? Perhaps not, but the silence is deafening.

In 20 seasons at ND/LSU Mainieri has 10 conference tourney
by Johncardinalohara  (2016-06-01 21:43:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

titles. 5 at ND and 5 in first 8 years at LSU. This, his 9th year at LSU, he lost to #1 Florida 1-0 in the semifinals with the tying run on third base. This year may be one of his best coaching jobs with a young team, although he does have 2-3 excellent pitchers. That SEC lineup in Hoover, Alabama is a murderers row, especially this year. Easily 6 of the top 10 teams in the country all slugging it out. The 8 teams in Omaha may not be as good as the 8 best teams in Hoover this year.

The time is right to act. Aoki has done nothing to
by cbo86  (2016-06-01 10:30:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ensure his position in my eyes. I think we just made another base running mistake. Bleeping bc can't hold a candle to our program and yet they're in.

I attended the sweep of Boston College this year.
by hibernianangst  (2016-06-01 15:18:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would have never dreamed BC would be in NCAA regional play and Notre Dame would not.

BC did have one outstanding starting pitcher. He pitched the middle game if I recall correctly. Not a tremendously big guy but he threw heat. I sat beside a scout who was clocking him at 95 to 98. Athletic, with a very smooth windup and delivery. That guy may have a future in MLB.

I was at this game as well - IIRC, it was Justin Dunn
by NH74Domer  (2016-06-02 13:14:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from Freeport, NY

Thank you. He is very good. *
by hibernianangst  (2016-06-02 14:22:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alabama baseball coach "resigns'. Crickets from ND. *
by hibernianangst  (2016-05-31 16:14:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post