Bama tears are so freaking sweet.
by hibernianangst (2016-06-04 17:14:18)
Edited on 2016-06-04 20:44:14

LSU handing them their ass in the Softball World Series. 2 and BBQ for Bama.

Yes, their football team will claim another national championship because they scored in the elimination game.

Sad but this is all we have as ND softball fans. I would hire the Bama coaching staff.

ACC team (FSU) eliminates the skunkweasels!
by hibernianangst  (2016-06-05 15:08:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Notre Dame must improve.

Masterful pitching by FSU pitcher.

Final Four: FSU vs. Oklahoma, LSU vs. Auburn
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-06-05 17:51:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

FSU and LSU are in the losers' bracket and must win twice. The survivors will play a 3-game championship series.

I have been watching some of the WCWS
by trout  (2016-06-05 15:16:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is entertaining. The base paths seem like they could be lengthened a bit.

I have come to enjoy watching the WCWS quite a
by chicos bail bonds  (2016-06-05 19:17:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bit. I'll hand it to the women. When you have ball coming in most times close to 70 MPH, it's pretty damn impressive how well they can handle the bat. From the pitching perspective, they also can do an awful lot to the ball from the close distance. I would dearly love to see ND get there, similarly to the MCWS. It sure was fun watching ND baseball the year we got there most recently under Manieri.

The circle was moved to 43 feet from 40 to increase
by hibernianangst  (2016-06-05 15:45:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the offense years ago. It worked.

The attraction of fastpitch is the compressed field which leads to more action as opposed to baseball.

Puts a premium on bat handling
by thethinman  (2016-06-05 16:53:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A good slapper who can 'bounce' the ball over the third baseman is a priceless commodity.