It's an odd way to show you care about the baseball program
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2016-06-25 11:58:08)

Jack has made no public comments (I've heard a few attributed to him that aren't necessarily public) on the status of Aoki or the program in general. Simply pretending the program and any problems associated with it don't exist is not exactly what I was hoping for given the collapse we witnessed.

It's been almost 35 days since the season ended. Inexcusable not to make some kind of public statement one way or the other on the future of the program. I think this tells us all where baseball ranks (or doesn't) at Notre Dame.

I'd like to believe that former ND baseball players...
by Indy77  (2016-06-30 10:19:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have been expressing their dissatisfaction with the direction of the program. If they are silent, then I could give two shits.

What could that look like? Calls to $awbucks office, emails and snail mail letters, visits.

I have no idea if baseball grads are communicating their thoughts directly or not to the AD's office.

I hope so, especially those that may visit this site.

Okay. I'll bite
by Nigeltufnel  (2016-06-26 11:05:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What are you thinking or hoping that he will do? Is that realistic if there is not going to be a coaching change? So many on these boards take any action (or inaction) by the ND administration as a sign of not caring. That may be the case here but I'm not sure your conclusion is supported by the fact that nothing has been said to this point.

After the disaster that was this season
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2016-06-26 12:28:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is obvious that there is not going to be a coaching change. That's disappointing in itself, because I think we've seen enough to know that Aoki has likely reached his peak---which looks similar to his pre-ND coaching history.

Given that he's not going to change the staff, it'd be nice if he could say SOMETHING to the masses as to his expectations and plans going forward, instead of having some double secret plan that we're too stupid to understand. Does he owe that? Perhaps you think not. I think so.

I don't think it's asking too much of JS to expect some form of general update/plan for getting this ship bailed and upright again. The administration has no problem taking money for people to watch their athletic teams play, so it tells me they view this as a business, and with that they owe their patrons some level of consideration.

Huh-- I don't even know what some of this means
by Nigeltufnel  (2016-06-26 12:45:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What are you suggesting with this gem--"The administration has no problem taking money for people to watch their athletic teams play, so it tells me they view this as a business, and with that they owe their patrons some level of consideration."

It looks to me like you are upset that there is not going to be a coaching change. That's fair but a logical extension of that is not that JS somehow owes you an explanation if that much-desired coaching change is not forthcoming. What's more wrapping that all into a notion that this is a business because they make ticket money, you are a stakeholder or "patron" because you bought a ticket is incorrect.

People make all kinds of business decisions for a lot of reasons (i'm sure you do) and when they do, they don't feel the need to and in many cases don't disclose the motivation for that decision. Vote with your feet if you don't like the outcome of the decision but it makes no sense to gnash your teeth and pretend that you are owed an explanation or a state of the union address about the decision or lack thereof.

It would help to understand your agenda here
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2016-06-27 22:45:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You seem to be defending Aoki or Swarbrick.

However, either way, all kinds of business decisions are made, as you mention. And, there are good business decisions and bad ones. Acting as if no one out there cares about ND baseball seems to be a bad one for the future of the program goes in Jack's athletic department. But, you're right. It's his choice to make.

Where do you get that I'm defending anybody?
by Nigeltufnel  (2016-06-28 05:58:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like CBO86 suggests, I don't need or want to hear anything. I want to see action--get the best person for the job that you can. My point in this thread is this constant time line and countdown expecting some sort of statement from the administration is silly. The "crickets" comment after each competing school takes an action with which you agree is growing weary and was never relevant to begin with. You've made your point. You want the staff replaced and that is fair but to expect some sort of explanation if that decision is not made is just silly. You are like the folks on rocks house that believe that Jack owes them a "white paper" of the review and process that went into the decision to replace the playing surface at the football stadium. He owes them nothing but if that decision is a complete and ludicrous failure, it's on Jack.

Okay, but at the same time, don't be disingenuous
by chicos bail bonds  (2016-06-29 17:42:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

about the reasons behind decisions. I think it's fair to say we as alumni and/or supporters of ND athletics are often fed a line of crap about why something is done or not done.

When you are talking about an athletic program that is supported in some ways by individual donor contributions, I do believe it is reasonable at times to be given honest assessments of the status of ND athletics. In that sense, it's different than a business which generates revenue from sources other than individual support and often times where there is no emotional ties to the business.

Personally I couldn't care less about an explanation as most
by Cbo86  (2016-06-26 19:33:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are complete horse crap anyway. I just want a new staff that can make this program as good as it can be. While that may not be perennial CWS caliber, I still think we can be at a consistent Manieri level. This staff has shown nothing. As I write this we made another base running error. A staff change is owed to the baseball program.