Softball was 1-3 over the weekend as well. Dropped 2 to..
by Slotts (2017-02-20 10:39:16)

the Golden Gophers of Minnesota and split 2 with the skunkweasels.

The softball team has been unable to recruit game changing
by hibernianangst  (2017-02-20 13:29:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

pitching.

As unpopular as it may be, I am going to go ahead and say it, it is time for the softball team to hear a new voice that is a dynamic recruiter. I get the feeling, in the future, this could turn into the volleyball situation under Brown.

If Notre Dame had a competent Athletic Director things would be different for both baseball and softball.

I think they have a couple of real good ones coming in...
by 2Domer  (2017-02-22 18:21:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Next year (Alexis Holloway) and the year after (Alex McManus). Really highly rated pitchers.

"Hope will drive a man insane""
by hibernianangst  (2017-02-22 18:42:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I sure hope you are correct. I am a skeptic. I have heard this story before. Either past Notre Dame pitchers have already reached their full potential in high school or they are not being developed by the softball coaches at Notre Dame. The skunkweasels somehow find or develop elite pitching but Notre Dame hasn't been able. Something is wrong.

Here's some Kool Aid...
by 2Domer  (2017-02-22 18:48:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alexis Holloway is called the No. 2 pitching prospect in this November, 2016 article.

Nectar of the gods.
by hibernianangst  (2017-02-23 20:26:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am not from Missouri but I have been fooled so many times I will be skeptical until they "show me".