Let me see if I can find a pony in this pile of horse shit.
by hibernianangst (2017-03-05 18:26:39)
Edited on 2017-03-06 15:35:15

My theory, is that our esteemed Stanford Law Athletic Director gave Aoki this year because of the clusterfuck season Aoki was given when the team was required to play in Gary.

If you recall our esteemed Stanford Law Athletic Director thought it was wise to put in fake turf during the baseball season instead of the fall or summer before the baseball season. Playing in Gary was a disaster. I attended one game. They were playing someone named Northeastern. Of course the Irish got beat in front of roughly 12 fans counting Bob Nagle who did announcing honors. The only saving grace was that the Gary baseball stadium sold beer of which I drank copious amounts to stomach the piss poor baseball. So, my theory is that having put Aoki thru a season at Gary our esteemed Athletic Director felt he owed Aoki one more year. This year is that awarded year and next year ND will have a new coach and staff.

Anyway, that is my theory. I hope when I find that pony, it is an Appaloosa and saddle broke.

Was that last year or the year before? *
by El Kabong  (2017-03-06 12:04:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The year before. *
by hibernianangst  (2017-03-06 15:31:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doesn't that make last year the 'extra year'? *
by El Kabong  (2017-03-06 15:48:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, last year should have been the "extra year" but
by hibernianangst  (2017-03-06 16:09:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

apparently our Athletic Director cannot admit he made a bad hire, invents excuses to avoid making a hard decision and manages personnel by hoping the problem will resolve itself if given enough time.

Consistent with his failure with Kelly. *
by Domerduck  (2017-03-08 00:06:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Aoki just needs to go 18-36
by NDoggie78  (2017-03-06 11:19:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

18-36 = 4-8 and apparently that doesn't get you fired

At this point 18-36 seems like a tough task *
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-03-06 16:06:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One could always hope Murphy would leave the Brewers
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-03-05 19:10:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, I know. Long shot for many reasons. But, if he's good enough to dedicate your locker room to, and good enough to help you market ($$$) your school with sentimental videos on und.com, why isn't he "good" enough to lead your program again?

I'm not saying they could lure him back, but they'll use him for monetary reasons without hesitation, but would never allow such a heathen to coach. Sounds a lot like modern day Notre Dame.

Like you, I have zero confidence that the correct
by hibernianangst  (2017-03-05 21:52:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hire would be made by the current Athletic Director.

If Murphy has no NCAA issues, I would hire him back in a heart beat.