Tell me what's wrong with Softball Team?
by maverick (2017-04-23 08:36:38)

I saw half of the first game and most of the 2nd. I saw nothing that the team does well. Virginia looked like it was taking batting practice, defense was terrible and except for an occasional home run, Irish did not hit well at all. Is this the norm this year or was it just "one of those days" ?

Worst weekend of the year, as far as I can tell
by mikeybates  (2017-04-23 10:46:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reminder that UVA was 17-29 coming into the series. Losing any game to them, particularly at home, is an embarrassment. Being utterly dominated is a disgrace.

That said, I'm not sure anything is wrong in general, they just played poorly in these games. We'll see if it was an aberration or not. Certainly, the pitching and fielding were beyond appalling. They must have given up 30 hits and committed 7-8 errors in the series.

Walked Away
by maverick  (2017-04-23 17:06:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had 150 mile drive ahead & after yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore and left with it tied 5-5. Looked terrible all weekend. Pitching awful, fielding awful, poor fundamentals in the field, hitting(considering who they were playing) UGH