Not necessarily. Negotiating skill is a lost art at ND.
by hibernianangst (2017-06-25 08:47:12)
Edited on 2017-06-25 18:43:04

In reply to: Don't you think PM's leaving ND was inevitable? *  posted by NDCWS

Don't forget that White and Jenkins thought they could hire Urban Meyer by just offering him the head coaching job.

EDIT: White also "negotiated" the Weis the contract extension.

Did White hire PM?
by NDCWS  (2017-06-25 17:20:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What started him to have wandering eyes was his daughter not being accepted to to ND I believe the story goes.

I say bring Javi Sanchez out of retirement and make him HC. Dude is an ND guy through and through. Hell, he's responsible for the recruitment many of LSU's upperclassmen in the CWS this year!

No, I believe Rosenthal did.
by MackerelSnappingAnarchist  (2017-06-25 18:01:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A quick Google search shows that Mainieri was hired Aug. 25, 1994, and Rosenthal was the AD into 1995.

Yep, an old baseball press guide indicates Rosenthal hire.
by hibernianangst  (2017-06-25 18:31:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dick Rosenthal was the last somewhat competent AD at Notre Dame.

EDIT: Rosenthal was still not as good as his predecessor, Gene Corrigan. Roger Valdiserri should have been hired to replace Corrigan.

Roger may have been the last true ND man *
by mrock90  (2017-06-26 15:24:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what is a true notre dame man? Swarbrick is a ND grad *
by dbcsmith  (2017-06-28 12:08:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then it's going to take more than that. *
by tdiddy07  (2017-06-30 16:23:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post