Swarbrick confirms Aoki will return
by OCND (2017-07-13 01:34:10)
Edited on 2017-07-13 01:36:21

"Swarbrick continued saying, "I think we're continuing to attract good talent and I think the program continues to represent this university well and we have to find our way in the ACC. It is a very tough place to play baseball, but it can't be an excuse, we just have to figure out how to win more games."

A tough place to play. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Interesting regarding representing the program.
by jakam31  (2017-07-20 06:50:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From people I have talked to who have been around Aoki, he is a world-class dickhead.

Good to know Swarbrick is looking for low character people who can't coach as the types who represent the program well.

Pathetic *
by garbageplate  (2017-07-14 15:55:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Swarbrick has to go *
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-07-14 01:11:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had high hopes for him and he did get a couple of things
by KevinPS  (2017-07-23 08:17:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

done early--insisting on maintaining football independence and making that happen, primarily--but he's been a big disappointment since. Sure, he helped upgrade FB AC salaries, but that didn't get us what we expected. I assume at this point that, with his university VP title and his $2MM salary, that he just assumes he can do no wrong. It seems very unlikely that he's hired anyone on his AD staff that will question him, challenge him, etc.

"...represents us well off the field..." Damning with faint praise.

He should've said, "we don't care about baseball"
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-07-16 09:47:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's really what he meant.

The only thing to admire about him is his consistency
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-07-16 12:35:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because he doesn't care about football, either, except as a source of money.

Bright side--he actually made a statement
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-07-13 21:19:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They would never admit this, but I think sites like this calling for his (own) head force his hands to speak. I think he finally took enough heat over this behind the scenes that someone inside the AD's own circle suggested he make a statement, or Aoki himself asked him to do so for recruiting purposes. So....there's that. Not much, I know.

Down side: the entire statement is an indictment of what a POS AD he is. He's not comfortable enough in his own skin to fire a coach he hired. That is now absolutely crystal clear. He can't admit a mistake.

So, the ACC is tough to win in? OK, how about that stellar out of conference schedule that sunk ND at the start of the season. How about the pasting put on ND by one of the worst teams in the country, Lafayette. Do they have to find a way to win more of those as well?

SB was like a Caribbean island when Mainieri was coach *
by mikeybates  (2017-07-13 13:22:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was a very easy place at which to win when we had coaches
by cbo86  (2017-07-13 12:52:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that knew how to develop talent and a winning culture. Continue to attract good talent? I do think that we have some good talent but it becomes adequate to poor talent with the lack of guidance and coaching. Continue to represent the university well? That has never been a problem with our baseball team so that is just the usual propaganda that we raise good boys at ND. This is just like saying that the sky is blue. We have to find our way in the ACC, tough place to play, find a way to win more games? Not with this tool as coach. The players will have to do it all by their lonesome. Aoki's only accomplishment was losing a very long game to Texas in NCAA tournament.

You know I think I'm actually changing my mind and prefer the silent Mrs. Doubtfire.

Swarbrick gets $2MM a year to suck at his job
by oggie  (2017-07-13 09:16:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I need to rework my resume.

Per this chart, he's getting just over $1M.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-07-30 22:17:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

However, this may not include his other benefits.

Sigh. *
by hibernianangst  (2017-07-13 08:03:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Representing the Program well
by NDCWS  (2017-07-13 13:46:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is a minimum expectation.

ACC is a tough conference in baseball...and it even more difficult in basketball! Need to figure out how to win more games? Tell Coach Aoki to walk across the parking lot and talk to Coach Brey.