Finance industry career advice/help
by Irish2003 (click here to email the poster) (2013-12-03 22:40:26)
Edited on 2013-12-10 16:02:47

Thanks to Lazarus for the Advent Job Search Tuesday post on the BR!

Without cluttering the board too much (I'm glad to follow up with my resume, LinkedIn profile, or any other helpful information as needed), I am at a pretty big inflection point in my career, and wanted to reach out to fellow NDN'ers to please ask for career advice, help, and suggestions, especially since I've seen how powerful both the ND and NDN communities can be with helping their own.

I graduated with a degree in Finance magna cum laude & was part of the AIM class at ND, have had a broad range of experience after graduation, and plan to take the CFA Level 1 this coming summer. I am currently looking for long-term opportunities in the finance industry where I can work with good people and learn from more experienced professionals in order to build a solid foundation for the rest of my career. My primary focus is investment management (fund management, rather than financial advisory/PWM), but I also have experience in the VC/startup space, and would be open to potential opportunities both there as well as the PE space, in addition to other opportunities which I may not have considered but are a mutual fit. I know this might sound a little unfocused at first glance and I am maintaining focus and tailoring my approach when I apply to specific firms or speaking to headhunters, but I have a genuine long-term career interest and believe I can add value in each of these areas.

I have linked my email, and please feel free to reach out to me directly over email or within this thread. For those of you in the Chicago area (I am currently living here but willing to relocate for the right job), I'd be glad to buy you a coffee or beer and chat in person sometime. Thanks in advance for your help, and hope to speak with some of you soon.

-A.J./Irish2003

Replies: