Aerospace/Mechanical Engineer - ND '11
by Xaeryne (click here to email the poster) (2015-09-06 13:23:38)

Until recently I have been working at a small aerospace company north of Seattle doing design work - primarily redesign/reverse engineering of obsolete mechanical parts and assemblies for military aircraft. I have extensive experience with AutoCAD and SolidWorks and worked closely with our manufacturing team to implement these parts into production. I also have some project management and supplier management experience from this role and from a summer internship during college with a small engineering firm.

The work at my prior company dried up and I parted ways with the company in January. I had another job lined up in early summer as a design engineer - I had been offered the job verbally by the Engineering VP but it fell through at the last minute because the company could not come to terms with the recruiter whose posting I had replied to.

It's been slow going recently. I've been trying to stay in the Northwest, but I'm open to any place in the US. In the meantime I have done some training in CATIA, but I am eager to get working again.

If anyone here knows of opportunities or is looking for a hard-working, motivated ND grad to help them, I would appreciate any and all leads. Thank you!