Any advice welcome
by admalec (2015-12-29 21:09:45)

I'm in a position now that I hate. I moved from a larger company to a small startup. Obviously I did so for salary and equity benefits. However, the equity side seems doomed and I've found that I do not fit in well with the 10 person corporate culture (different politics and they are in my face about it, calling me "you people" regarding my ethnic background, etc.). I've looked around online a bit and it appears that there are not many positive ways to effect a change. Most advice from professional websites says it is time to look for a new job. Does anyone know a good way to start a job search without being obvious about it? I'm searching online, but it's not so easy and the odds are against you. I have a PhD in chemistry and a broad experience in product development for a variety of applications from cleaning products to agrochemicals to oil field applications. I'm confident that I can contribute to an organization, but in exchange I would like to know that I will be treated fairly and given the chance to learn new things. Perhaps even "grow" in the HR sense, whatever that means.

Try to locate an industry specific recruiter.
by EricCartman  (2016-01-11 17:23:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It sounds like you are in a specialized field, which means that there has to be a recruiting firm that covers the industry. Seek them out.

Also, I would network with old coworkers. They are all working somewhere. There could be a position waiting for you there.

Good job sites are: www.indeed.com and www.simplyhired.com

Good luck.

It takes work.
by lowayne  (2015-12-31 16:52:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you are an ND alum make sure you visit the alumni resources. http://my.nd.edu/s/1210/myND/interior-2col.aspx?sid=1210&gid=1&pgid=17790

Your current company won't know you are looking unless you tell them.