Why would he want the ND job?
by Bluengold07 (2014-12-19 20:12:38)
Edited on 2014-12-19 20:15:02
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Swarbrick should swoop in and pluck Harbaugh.  posted by mkovac

After Urban Meyer and Bob Stoops turned us down with the administration refusing to make acamedic/behavioral concessions?

There are some people on this board who live in a fantasy land, thinking that every great pro and college coach somehow yearns to work at Notre Dame.

100% agree *
by PENGIEP  (2014-12-20 14:30:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Try this:
by cujays96  (2014-12-19 20:34:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Stoops may have asked for some concessions. Have they been given to Kelly in sum or part in the intervening years?

Um, no
by bluengold07  (2014-12-19 22:23:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not really sure what the jist of your statement is, there, but no.

If they had made those concessions, I'm guessing that Lynch, Greenberry, and Darby would still be Irish.

Those three players are gamebreakers. They are the difference between Notre Dame and the SEC.

Lynch was a problem *
by 84david  (2014-12-20 12:04:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wherever he went. *
by cujays96  (2014-12-20 12:51:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All three qualified for admission and got offers
by El Kabong  (2014-12-20 10:46:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure what their decisions not to go to / stay at ND has to do with your point.

Because they didn't want to deal with the acamedic workload
by bluengold07  (2014-12-20 16:01:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I know that because I know one of the three players I mentioned. And his opinion about Notre Dame is not unique.

If we want to be Harvard, that's fine. If we want to be Alabama, that's fine.

But we can't keep dicking around on this line -- it's not working.

Oh we've really out the line to the test with these coaches. *
by tdiddy07  (2014-12-20 17:49:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lynch?
by cujays96  (2014-12-20 10:18:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Aaron Lynch? That guy has all kinds of special issues that have nothing to do with ND nor the SEC.

Why would it have affected Lynch at all.
by tdiddy07  (2014-12-20 09:01:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I don't recall Darby not qualifying.

Agreed, but 2/3 of them ended up in the minors *
by Irish2003  (2014-12-20 04:26:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.