Then he becomes Michigan's version of John McLeod
by gadomer (2014-12-27 17:44:00)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Perhaps, but it isn't entirely up to Harbaugh  posted by ShermanOaksND

a guy who would abandon ship upon the first call from the NFL.

Back story: A friend of mine was recruited by ND around 1995 and was an early committal. ND was the only D I offer he had. That summer, was invited to Las Vegas to play in a Nike camp. It was during this camp that he hung 50 on Kobe Bryant.
Well, offers and phone calls came out of the woodwork. His father told him to give ND his entire respect because they offered him when no one else would sniff at him. He made a recruiting visit to ND and asked McLeod one question; if the NBA called you with a job offer, what would you do?

McLeod's answer: I would be out of here in a heartbeat.

He went to FSU where he became an Academic All-American but the guy who recruited him, Pat Kennedy, left for DePaul the next year. The guy who replace Kennedy was a jerk.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.