Correct - last regular season weekend
by Pat85 (2015-01-14 13:11:10)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: It might be the last day of the reg, season  posted by Chuck84

Any chance the NFL would consider forgoing Saturday games that weekend to make room for CFB?

No Saturday Game for Week 17 on NFL Season
by jh_chi  (2015-01-14 14:41:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are no Saturday games for Week 17 on the NFL season. That day is wide open - move the semifinal games to that day.

I think this is the most likely alternative
by cjr2008  (2015-01-14 22:12:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think they will move the games this year, but if they did, Jan 2 is an obvious choice. I think the ratings will be lower next year vs this year just by virtue of the day, and that might cause changes after that. But I think they will test it out this year.

Pretty doubtful I would think
by Chuck84  (2015-01-14 13:15:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NFL never seems to care much for what the CFB plans.

That's one of the reasons that NYD bowl games (Rose, Sugar, etc.) move to 1/2 on years when 1/1 falls on a Sunday.

Actually that is not true
by GoDomers  (2015-01-14 13:27:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Traditionally, the Rose Bowl was always played on the same day as the Tournament of Roses Parade, which has never been held on a Sunday in it's history. Whenever January 1 was a Sunday, they moved everything to Monday, January 2. The NFL had nothing to do with it.

But then why do the other major bowls move to 1/2 as well? *
by Chuck84  (2015-01-14 16:11:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I assume that they all followed the lead
by HowardRoark  (2015-01-14 17:20:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of "The Granddaddy of Them All" before ESPN took them all over and screwed us out of the best football day of the year.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.