Related to the kerfuffles: how many handles are real...
by Kbyrnes (2015-01-18 01:15:46)
Edited on 2015-01-18 12:00:52
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Across is the perversion on this board's purpose  posted by greengold

...names of people? I mean, where the poster uses their own name as an element, versus a completely anonymous handle?

Apart from present company, I think of:

Across
Jvan
SEE
Cash
MarnMav
DiscNDav
mkovac
TAR
CMC
Chuck84
Porpoiseboy (wait--that's not...?)

...just off the top of my head. I know I'm missing some others. Nothing wrong with being anonymous (though in about three or four dozen cases the "anonymous" handles aren't so to me, because I've met a bunch of you swell folks), but if a guy is willing to let you know just who he is when he tweaks noses, that trumps a lot of red-faced message-board indignation. And I don't say that just because I don't use a nom de guerre, but just because...in your heart, you know I'm right.

Edit: props to CJC, who I was thinking of when I typed CMC -- kind of a mental mashup of the two sets of initials. Forehead smack regarding Kayo--of course.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.