one thing to keep in mind
by jt (2024-04-05 12:59:40)

In reply to: I think ND could thrive in such a league. So yes.  posted by Queensman

if they switch to this type of arrangement, recruiting as we know it might be a thing of the past. Instituting a draft for talent is something that can be negotiated with a union.

So while I agree with you that ND could thrive in an environment that you describe, it might not be that environment. I don't know how a draft, salary cap, free agency, etc. could fit in.

It might be a salary cap on paper. I wouldn't trust the
by arasera  (2024-04-05 13:51:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

schools to obey it, though.

if there is some type of draft/cap/free agency system
by jt  (2024-04-05 19:19:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that's agreed upon, and there is a centralized governing body that's basically just for the individual "money" sport (football and men's basketball for now), there really isn't much of a need for rogue boosters and the like. They can donate their money for facilities.

Not too many NFL teams getting busted for cheating, and it's not because the NFL looks the other way.