Sure, but of all the possible teams on the chopping block,
by tdiddy07 (2024-04-17 13:01:28)

In reply to: That's not a super league, it's just conference reshuffling  posted by ndgenius

they aren't the most likely because they've been in the league too long. It may be that all the desirable teams left can be accommodated with addition that does not need subtraction. I haven't examined possible scheduling arrangements in a new proposed setup.

That said, Rutgers and Maryland should probably feel a little nervous. I'd need to learn more about their respective market viewership. But at some point, the leagues may feel that they just can't add any more teams to make schedules work. And if there's still a marquee name out there, I'd guess they'd gladly trade a bad team (Rutgers/Maryland) in a high-population market that is wishy washy about either college football or the team itself for a good team and good brand in valuable high-population markets in the state of Florida.

Similarly, Missouri, Vandy, and South Carolina should probably feel a little nervous. I imagine the SEC will have less honor than the Big Ten, so even a founding member in Vandy should watch their back. If they need to cut to make numbers work and a clear upgrade is available for middling teams added to the conference in '91 or '12 in markets that aren't clearly desirable, I wouldn't put it past them.