Tom Carter, Pat Eilers, David Butler leading the charge.
by SEE (2024-04-20 11:32:47)
Edited on 2024-04-20 11:34:43

In reply to: Quite a few things in there I expected.  posted by usaf_irish

I like that there are ex players involved.

“Shields Hall is more than just a football facility. Kathy and I wanted to provide a center that will provide resources for our players’ minds, bodies and spirits during their time at Notre Dame and beyond. We want to ensure our team can play like champions today and live like champions for the rest of their lives.

There are obviously a lot of former football players who
by IAND75  (2024-04-20 12:58:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have the financial means to contribute substantial sums to the University if they so choose. I don’t remember any others doing so, at least for the last several decades. Am I missing some?

I wonder what has changed?

I fully expected some former players to be involved.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-20 11:40:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The extent to which they are is a pleasant surprise.

I was really glad to see them talk about the player performance aspect of the facility. And the overall square footage falls in line with comparable NFL and college facilities that have either been built, are planned, or under construction.

The questions about player disengagement remain valid. I also wish we’d see someone point up the cash to modernize and expand the dining halls as well the athletic food facilities. But that’s another discussion for another time.

I’m headed into the stadium for the spring game. Have a great day everyone.