What?
by IrishJosh24 (2024-04-20 16:54:56)

In reply to: If i wanted a panel of “experts” to conclude Title IX  posted by MBOIrish

"Title IX was never intended to include any class of people deemed employees."

You realize Title IX covers a lot more than athletics, right? The notion that Title IX doesn't cover employees is . . . not close.

Oops you are so right but then so is jt below.
by MBOIrish  (2024-04-21 13:41:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hopefully there is a path that doesn’t destroy most Olympic sports at Universities. Paying football & basketball players the market value they deserve will significantly reduce the money available for those other sports.

oh, I'm sure one could find the money for those other sports
by jt  (2024-04-21 17:16:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for example, perhaps trimming some of the bloated AD staff could free up some money.

it doesn't cover equity as it relates to salaries
by jt  (2024-04-20 18:59:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

correct me if I'm wrong, but the salary structure of employees doesn't have to balance out, does it? Do we need a female employee making north of 3 million dollars per year to balance out our AD? How about balancing out what we pay Freeman (which is more than that)?

The title 9 argument is and always has been a red herring.