My Notes from the BG Game (link)
by Jvan (2024-04-20 17:06:34)

This user did not provide content for this post

Any insight to Denbrock? *
by dulac89  (2024-04-22 15:25:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

looked like the Sun Bowl offense by personnel/formation
by El capitan  (2024-04-22 15:39:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was afraid it'd be a lot more air raid-y.

I assume you can confirm the offense will not tickle my
by ACross  (2024-04-21 22:14:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fancy. All shotgun, I presume. All single back, I presume.

They're not going to pound it *
by Jvan  (2024-04-21 22:45:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I find that curious
by Wass  (2024-04-22 11:04:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know they are trying to get that hugh powered passing game. I just don't think they are all that close just yet. Right now, the offensive personel seems more geared toward running. Lots of very talented backs and an offensive line that is better suited for that game. The WR ranks are depleted, for now. In the fall, there will be additional players as injuries heal, Faison is available full time, and additional incoming players. But now... I do like that Love lines up at receiver (get the best players on the field) and Raridon looks like a receiver, but I'm nit sold on Mitchell and the injury bug at that position worries me. On the flip side, have Leonard run the ball is just a bad idea. Everyone keep talking about how great he is running upfield, but all I see is a continuous line of leg injuries. The young QBs are clearly better passers than in previous years however.

It’s a misuse of resources
by Jvan  (2024-04-22 13:01:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This offensive line will struggle in pass protection. We saw evidence of this on Saturday. Leonard will do plenty of running this season - mostly for his life.

Jagusah is not a left tackle. He is vulnerable to the speed rush. Spindler, Coogan, Schrauth, and Baker are potential road graders in the running game but vulnerable against a good defensive rush on the passer.

Denbrock’s pass offense is designed to create favorable individual matchups and allow the quarterback to get the ball out quickly to his best athletes. We saw in the BG game that this didn’t work well against a good secondary like our first teamers. The quarterbacks had to pull the ball down, run from pressure, unload the ball to check downs or throw it up for grabs. It will be fine against most of the crap teams on this year’s schedule but will likely fall short when it really matters.

Unable to protect the edges, people mover OL, innacurate
by SEE  (2024-04-22 17:34:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

passer and a bevy of good running backs…

Pass it

it's a ripoff of what Holtz would do
by jt  (2024-04-22 19:21:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in a bizzaro world.

ah, so when we can't just out athlete teams we'll struggle?
by jt  (2024-04-22 16:20:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what a shock for a Kelly type of pass first spread offense.

I never would have guessed. It's like a Bob Diaco defense getting burned by the veer. Who would expect the veer? It's like the Spanish inquisition.

Same as it ever was. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-22 14:10:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's more than a little depressing
by DrunkenIrishPoet  (2024-04-22 13:09:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do something Marcus!

I think the offense is going to be pathetic *
by ACross  (2024-04-22 09:46:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thx, that's better than watching a spring game *
by discNDav  (2024-04-21 18:27:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excellent report. Thanks! *
by BTFNDGUY  (2024-04-21 10:56:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the update. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-20 17:17:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ditto
by nDTwice (click here to email the poster)  (2024-04-20 18:21:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excellent analysis.