My concern with Emma is that she was on a very short...
by Cavanaugh82 (2024-04-16 18:53:33)

In reply to: On Risch  posted by PWK2

leash last year. It seemed like she would substitute in, play only 1-2 minutes and then come out. There is no way to get into kind of rhythm or a feel for the game that way. You have to with through a mistake here and there and figure things out.

Her game, in my opinion is more like Sonia's. She can shoot from three very well but she also rebounds, defends the baseline, and can drive and pass from the wing. Sonia's game is more advanced right now by far, but that is the model that Emma should be striving for.

Agree on Two Counts
by dillon77  (2024-04-17 07:50:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- Niele displayed Muffet-like tendances in the "play and pull" way Emma got into and out of games. That might've been because -- at the time -- Cass, Emma, Anna and, of course, Soni were all around. That will change radically next year with Soni, knock on wood, off to the WNBA.

- If she recovers well from the hip injury (good thoughts abound), Emma might benefit from the medical redshirt in that she'll get one year to back up Soni and then three on top of it to do her thing (which, as Cav pointed out, has a lot of Soni-esque qualities). She's fundamentally solid and already (at the NJIT game), I saw her let the game come to her.