Interesting and intriguing and there are others. "Who
by MountainMan (2024-04-22 09:18:36)

In reply to: Updated List of a Few Names in the Portal I Jotted Down  posted by dillon77

knows which way the wind blows?"

Oh, Sure There Are Others..This Was From One Such List
by dillon77  (2024-04-22 10:15:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...of mine. Quite frankly, I'm hoping two prospects (at least) just drop an instagram or X announcement and take the suspense out of it all!!

I think it will be two.
by NDMike2001  (2024-04-22 10:24:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Complete guess, but I'm thinking Karlen and either Weimer or Gardiner.

I don't think Niele will take a guard unless there's an "Obinma" that is a graduate student willing to take some emergency minutes. Otherwise, I think Niele prefers her small bench.

For the three guard positions it would be: HH, Olivia and Soni with Emma and Cass in the rotation.

For the 4/5 positions it would be: Maddy/Karlen/Gardiner/Kate with Cass also possible at the 4.

You said you expect Niele to get 2 portal additions and
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2024-04-22 19:21:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you provided good support for that expectation. But how many would you want the Irish to get? By the way, I would be thrilled to get Gardiner and Karlen. If we got those two, I would be happy with only 2. (Honestly, I would be very happy with any 2 of those 3, but I am afraid that may be optimistic.)

I don’t like the portal.
by NDMike2001  (2024-04-22 21:57:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would have been happy with this team having KK and Nat to be honest. So I’m OK with taking 2 to stay status quo. In a more perfect world we would have signed another guard/wing in Kate’s class.

I appreciate the injury discussion. But realistically any TP guard is only going to play 5 mpg at best. If one of the big three guards get hurt, I think Emma or Cass would just play more. It would take a pretty unique player to be willing to sit behind those three, but step in over Emma or Cass if called upon.

I really hope Coach has seen how injuries have impacted
by bohratom  (2024-04-22 12:15:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the past seasons and takes on more guards/fowards then she normally would.

Certainly possible
by NPaulTodd  (2024-04-22 12:03:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It wouldn't shock me to only pick up two, but going into the season with only 9 healthy players seems particularly reckless after last year. I would have expected Niele to move to a larger roster, not a smaller one, but it's certainly looking that way right now.

I think only two announced for now, with one more in a week
by MountainMan  (2024-04-22 10:44:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or two.