Poffenbarger to Maryland
by RISteve (2024-04-22 11:48:13)

Amari DeBerry has been linked to the Terps as well (link)
by IRISHFAN808  (2024-04-22 17:09:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Originally thought it was the best place for her
by irishfan2008  (2024-04-22 13:06:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Instead of UConn since Saylor is from Md.

Darn, I think she would have fit in well at ND.

Strange Symmetries on Two Fronts
by dillon77  (2024-04-22 12:16:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One is fairly normal: Poffenbarger is from Maryland and after trying UConn and then Arkansas, she's come home for the last two years.

The second is the odd one (well, at least to me). She'll play a role manned for years by Faith Masonious, an even more undersized wing playing "up." Masonius was hindered by ACL's and other injuries but was a mainstay.
She's entered the portal for her grad/medical year. Poffenbarger is a like a newer version of model of Faith M.

I can't think of Brenda Fresse -- who Jeff Walz assisted under -- as being like one of the car dealers who is constantly swapping resources for this year's model. She's successful, but you lose track of who is in the parking lot...err, court.

Brenda also made many contacts coaching for the USA
by bohratom  (2024-04-22 13:02:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Basketball team so I'm glad to see Coach Ivey finally do the same as down the road those contacts can come in handy for the TP and Recruiting.

Point Well Taken, With This Class of Transfers....
by dillon77  (2024-04-22 13:05:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there's a lot of familiarity with many of them between coaches (Ivey & Iriafen, Gardiner) and Players (Citron & Miles with Gardiner, Poffenbarger and others).

I think the key element for Poffenbarger was Maryland needed a Masonius upgrade/replacement and Saylor didn't mind coming home.

Maybe just make it a musical chairs thing: LSU to
by MountainMan  (2024-04-22 12:28:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maryland to Louisville, repeat.