Absorbing fouls is a big reason for needing a second legit
by MPG (2024-04-22 22:51:11)

In reply to: Thanks for your insight. I think Karlen would be a great  posted by Fighting_Artichoke

post player. Karlen is more of a stretch four than a low post player from what I have seen of her. As you noted, Maddy Westbeld does pick-up fouls when she has to defend the low post for more than a few minutes per game. Weimar would be a good time sharer with Koval; she was the Patriot League defensive player of the year...

FA, MPG: Yes, Having a Post and Forward Is Optimal...
by dillon77  (2024-04-23 10:34:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...in my opinion. If Niele could get Caitlyn Weimar to share time with Kate Koval, you'd add very tall and active post defender, which could make up for the absence of Kylee Watson. Karlen is an all-round forward, just like Maddy, but I could see her on the floor at the same time as Maddy, playing wing on a zone, with Soni moving up top. That would be a great big lineup.

This is what I think too. *
by 2Domer  (2024-04-23 01:39:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post