WNBA salary cap and ND players of interest off topic
by Anotherjoe (2024-04-23 14:58:40)

Two of the top three who at at the top of the salary cap are ND graduates. Arike Ogunbowale and Jewell Loyd are capped out at $241,984 (Kahleah Copper is also capped).

Then there are three ND alumni essentially tied for 9th. Skylar Diggins-Smith,Marina Mabrey, Kayla McBride at $208k.

So all you potential transfers come to ND for the education, the tradition, the championship, and the money!

I noticed last season that Jackie Young was reported to have
by bohratom  (2024-04-23 15:32:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the highest salary at $250K but then another contract report was stating her salary was only $165K. I Googled around and found 4-5 salary reports and they conflicted with some showing $165K and others $250K and Jackie was the only player I found that had this issue. Sportrac shows here 2024-25 salary as $169K yet it also states "Jackie Young signed a 2 year / $504,900 contract with the Las Vegas Aces, including an annual average salary of $252,450". Does anyone know which is correct and if it is $252K where does the extra $83K come from?

If you toggle from 'Cap Hits' to 'Avg Salary'
by IrishIowa20  (2024-04-23 15:20:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You'll see Jackie Young as the highest paid player in the league. Jackie made a terrific decision by entering the draft when she did. It was disappointing for us, but now she's got two rings, a boatload of cash and is a key part of the most dominant franchise in the league. Vegas seems like a very up and coming sports town and the Aces' facilities seem to be top notch. Hopefully someday she'll return to finish her degree.

Also pretty cool to see 6 domers in the top 12!

I should have mentioned that toggle but I really don't get
by Anotherjoe  (2024-04-23 16:26:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the salary cap hit versus average salary distinction and I probably don't want to get that deep in the contract details.

Sorry