I think that is a false equivalency
by wpkirish (2024-01-31 00:04:44)

In reply to: It will be like Biden and the extreme left  posted by acrossdmiddle

The far left has no where near the power over the Dems that the MAGA has over the Republicans. McCarthy had to pander to them to win the Speaker’s chair and then promptly lost it. The new Speaker was happily referred to as MAGA Mike Johnson until he realized he needed to govern and the Freedom caucus immediately started talking about dumping him.

I will grant you the college loan issue. Other than that Biden has not been controlled by the left and even that they got less than they wanted and it may be he actually believed it was the right thing to do. He has stayed strong in support of Israel despite complaints from the left. The WH and Senate Dems have engaged in good faith negotiations on the border without appearing to demand anything for dreamers in order to obtain funding for Ukraine. And Israel. That would not make the left wing happy but he is still doing it. Meanwhile the MAGA caucus said they would not agree to those without border policy changes but won’t take yes for an answer.

I will make another plug for Adam Kinzinger's sub stack. This from his piece today the full link is below

The GOP no longer negotiates in good faith, at least once the former President speaks up. How many times do they move the goal posts? I saw this many times over my 12 years in the house, the Freedom Caucus makes a demand that seems unreasonable, and once it’s met they then withdrawal that demand to an even more extreme position until alas, the demands cannot be met, the deal collapses, and they can then blame the “RINOS and Democrats.” Democracy cannot function when one party consistently negotiates in bad faith. This is governing by children..