How is this diagnosed? *
by ufl (2024-02-02 16:17:11)

In reply to: I don't know why people get so jazzed up  posted by ACross

This user did not provide content for this post

Kid identified as a particular gender
by ACross  (2024-02-02 17:46:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

that differed from the child's biological gender. Clothes, stating the child's gender, child insisting the parents were dressing the child incorrectly, preference of play activities.

It was a big challenge for these parents, both wonderful and accomplished and successful people and great parents and by no means liberal or what Ralph would call progressive.

They have no immediate plans for any time of surgical procedure, and they have sought and received and followed medical and psychological opinions and guidance.

My large point is that perhaps the anti woke crowd should give these families a break and even some understanding and support and empathy.

Thanks
by ufl  (2024-02-02 19:58:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I can’t imagine telling my parents that they were dressing me wrong. I don’t think they cared that I liked to read instead of playing with guns.

I dunno, it seems like a stretch at that age but I’m in the dark about a lot of things.

I actually stepped pretty badly on my crank
by ACross  (2024-02-02 22:29:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The mom is very cool, her son is tight with my you ger son, she spends a lot of time with her daughter who is classmates w my older son. The father is as involved as he can possibly be given his subspecialty.

Two years ago I was trying to talk to the kid and made assumptions as to the kid's gender and it didn't work out so well. I didn't figure it out for a while. My grade: F.