If he had dementia/alzheimers
by AquinasDomer (2024-02-09 12:22:29)

In reply to: I don't really care about the Sisi/Mexico thing, at the  posted by krudler

He would have a horrible gaffe where he just gets everything wrong. Start talking about Ariel Sharon and complaining that all the Arab countries invaded Israel on Yom Kippur. Forget Mexico borders us. Something like that. They tend to be massive lapses.

People with age related slowing tend to be self aware at some level. The anger over losing the car gets exacerbated because at some level they know they're declining.

People with alzheimers/Dementia tend to be blissfully unaware. You usually bring them in w a family member and do the test Trump brags about passing. They miss some huge things. Not knowing the year, no short term recall, thinking a wife or a dead kid are still alive.

I'd also note Kevin McCarthy said Biden was sharp during budget negotiations. The attorney who created the report is a Republican. His conclusions were about the most damaging thing you could hit Biden with if you didn't think you could prosecute the case.

But again, Biden has to put up or shut up. Either he pulls off a successful campaign or he flounders. If he flounders he has close advisors/family members who I think would tell him to hang it up. To me, watching the press conference I see an old dude who's with it and spitting mad. When I watch Trump talk for more than a minute I think the guy can't hold a coherent thought together but that's just me.

Replies: