To be clear, I'm not advocating for Trump as the
by krudler (2024-02-09 12:29:49)

In reply to: The most disastrous non Trump foreign policy  posted by AquinasDomer

alternative or even some kind of bar, and fully agree with you on the disastrous Iraq decision. That no one has been held to account on both Iraq and Afghanistan and the lies we were told in both over the course of 2 decades shows that politicians protect themselves. But on Iran, the strategy of engagement has only worked to fill their coffers to fund their deadly mischief, and prior to that engagement I read credible reports that their terrorist proxies were being picked up on wires complaining that the mothership was no longer funding them at the necessary levels. Obviously we're funding their various wars as well by continuing to buy their oil (election year I get it), but that will continue to have deadly consequences. The sanctions and pressure we had on them previously really did have a material impact on their cash reserves if you look at the trends over the years.

On Ukraine, what is the strategy there? We held off on tanks as some kind of red line, then decided to provide that. Same as the jets. We tipped our hand that a "minor incursion" wouldn't really be seen as a big deal. If the objective is to help Ukraine drive Russia out of its territory, we haven't really acted in that way by drawing lines in the sand (for a while at least) about what we would provide.

Replies: