I think you're misremembering.
by Revue Party (2024-02-09 14:24:33)

In reply to: Not in the same way.  posted by Kali4niaND

'The Quayle is dumb' drumbeat was constant. Moreso than Harris. I actually hear, see very little about Harris now. It's nothing close to what Quayle received.

I saw him speak during the campaign at work. He held up a model Space Shuttle. And promptly dropped it and broke it.

I just checked. 10 SNL skits on Quayle....
by Marine Domer  (2024-02-09 14:51:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Quayle was not and is not dumb. He was politically immature, and it showed.

He was a good soldier.
by Revue Party  (2024-02-09 15:03:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

He deserves enormous credit for the Murphy Brown saga. Politically, that is. It played to the base and changed the story.

From April 29 - May 4, Los Angeles was torn apart by riots and Bush was receiving tremendous heat.

On May 19, just two weeks later, the whole country was up in arms over the Murphy Brown speech. It shoved LA off the front page.

It didn't save Bush's presidency. He was already doomed. But I was amazed at the time how quickly people just latched onto it and let the riots fall into the background. As a cynical political play, I thought it was pure genius.

He's more than 4 years younger than Biden
by Raoul  (2024-02-10 16:15:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

and younger than Trump.

Fair enough. *
by Kali4niaND  (2024-02-09 14:43:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply