Has to be someone with name recognition nationwide
by DBCooper (2024-02-09 17:13:38)

In reply to: Updated "who ya got and why?" poll for Biden replacements  posted by ravenium

As they won’t have any time to campaign and spread their message. I guess you could make the argument they really only have to be known in the states that will actually decide the election (Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina and Nevada) but I don’t think there is a potential candidate that would do well in those states that isn’t a household name.

I think there are only a few names that fit that criteria that have any chance to warrant a nomination.
Bernie Sanders
Warren
Hillary Clinton
Newsom
Michelle Obama
Buttigieg
Klobuchar

I really hope the first 2 are a hard no. Hilary would take it in a heartbeat I assume but I think the party would say her time and chance has come and gone. Michelle has not shown any interest so doesn’t seem like she would take it if asked. I think Buttigieg doesn’t have the fan base to win the nomination. His approval ratings are not strong. klobuchar is probably more of wishful thinking on my part. Her name recognition is not great and she doesn’t seem to do well on the national stage.

Really Newsom seems like the only viable option. Not sure if he would go over well in a lot of the states mentioned above.

Replies: